Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Who's ready for Twilight 5?


Big news today for fans of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga. On her website today, Meyer announced that there would be a fifth installment of the series, due out on June 7th. Unfortunately for fans, this is not a continuation of Bella and Edward's story. Instead, it is a short novella told from the point of view of Bree Tanner, one of Victoria's newborn army from Eclipse.

I'm not so sure I'm interested in hearing the backstory of one of such a minor character, but it might be an interesting read in preparation for the June 30 release of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. And it's free! Meyer and her publisher at Little Brown have agreed to release the entire novella on www.breetanner.com. For those who want to add a tangible book to their collection, it will also be available for purchase, with $1 of each US purchase donated to the American Red Cross' Haiti efforts. Two great choices! Try out the story for free online, and if you like it, indulge your Twilight obsession while helping out with a great cause!


From Meyer's website:

I began this story a long time ago—beforeTwilight was even released. Back then I was just editing Eclipse, and in the thick of my vampire world. I was thinking a lot about the newborns, imagining their side of the story, and one thing led to another. I started writing from Bree's perspective about those final days, and what it was like to be a newborn.

This story was something that I worked on off and on for a while, just for fun, in between the times I was writing or editing other Twilight novels. Later, when the concept for The Twilight Saga: The Official Guide came up, I thought that might be a good place for Bree. Her story is a nice complement to Eclipse; it explains a lot of the things that Bella never knew. So I dusted it off and finished it up for placement in the Guide.


1 comment:

~ tOkKa said...

-->> hoo boi..i think my niece is gona flip out !! !!